The freezer emptying is coming along a storm. Dr. Dave made his own personal contribution by eating 2 Carvel flying saucers before polishing off some blueberry pie. Somehow he's managed to lose 4lbs over the past week which just goes to prove that life really isn't fair. Anyhow, after re-reading yesterday's post and adding to my mental list of 'things to eat within 24 hours of landing in London' I thought I'd be well advised to take the culinary high road with a virtuous dinner of Broccoli, pea & mint soup.
1 x bag of frozen broccoli
1 x bag of frozen sweet peas
1 x quart chicken or vegetable stock
bunch of fresh mint leaves, shredded
grated horseradish cheddar (optional)
- Slice the onion thinly and saute until translucent but not brown in a large soup pot or saucepan.
- Add the broccoli & sweet peas (you don't need to thaw them first)
- Mix it all around and pour over enough of the stock to cover.
- Simmer over a low heat until the vegetables are very soft.
- Add 3/4 of the mint leaves.
- Blitz with a hand blender (or in a conventional blender).
- Serve topped with the rest of the mint leaves & some grated cheese.
- Spend the rest of the evening with your halo shining....