Recipe Ingredients - Serves the masses - 8 at least
- 1 x box of bowties (if you can find wholegrain then good - I couldn't!)
- 1 large (or two small) onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup of kasha
- 1 pint of chicken (or vegetable) stock
- Butter / olive oil
- Cook the bowties in a large quantity of salted water. Drain, and dress with a little olive oil to stop them sticking.
- In a large frying pan, saute the onion in butter & oil until it starts to brown (around 10-15 minutes).
- Add the kasha to the onion and coat it in the butter & onion juices; adding more butter if necessary.
- Pour over the stock and reduce to a simmer until it is absorbed into the kasha but still moist.
- Add to the pasta and toss until its all combined (taking care not to break up the pasta).
- Serve immediately to rapturous applause.