- Open the cans and drain the salmon really well; place into a mixing bowl.
- Add the cup of mashed potato and the dill relish (well drained & squeezed thru kitchen paper).
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Empty some matzomeal onto a board or a plate and form the cakes with your hands or in a ring mould. Coat in the matzomeal.
- Heat some vegetable oil & a little butter in a pan and shallow fry for around 5 minutes each side on a low/medium heat until brown & crispy.
Trust me tip: This is a wet mixture - you can make the cakes and chill them for around 30 minutes prior to frying to dry them out which can make frying easier. Don't flip them around in the pan either, have a little patience and only turn them after 5 minutes or so on a low to medium heat.