If you're a collector of condiments like me its highly likely you have all manner of Asian sauces and spices gathering dust in your fridge and pantry. This is a satisfying outlet for all those jars fast approaching their use-by date. These boneless ribs have much less fat and sugar and so much more subtle Asian flavor than their deep fried take away counterparts.
1 lb of pork loin boneless ribs
2 tbs vegetable oil + little more for frying
1 small onion thinly sliced
2 tbs grated ginger (or the jarred lazy ginger)
8 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup of Chinese wine or dry sherry
2 tbs kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
2 tbs smokey bbq sauce (optional)
2tbs sweet chili sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients except the pork to make a marinade.
- Add the pork and toss to cover. Leave to bathe for an hour or so.
- Heat an oven proof pan till smoking, add a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Add the ribs and cook on one side until brown.
- Turn the ribs, add the rest of the marinade and cook in a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Leave to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving with a little extra sweet chili sauce.
Lovely Local Tip: If you're in range of a Publix Supermarket, the boneless ribs are on sale until next Wednesday!