I don't always put serving sizes on my recipes because we all have different appetites in our family; mine being the largest, but count on 4 really good adult bowls with probable leftovers for meatball subs the next day.
1lb ground beef
1 tbs minced garlic
1 small grated onion
1 cup breadcrumbs soaked in milk
1 beaten egg
1 cup grated Parmesan
generous grinds of salt & black pepper
Marinara Sauce (either homemade or a jar of store bought)
- Squeeze the milk from the breadcrumbs, place in a large mixing bowl and break up.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well (I use my hands).
- Form the mixture in about 10-15 balls. I like them pretty small (less work to eat!)
- Heat some olive oil (not extra virgin) in a large frying pan and add the meatballs one by one. As a brown crust forms on the bottom, turn them over (palette knife works best).
- Once they are all sealed, add the jar of sauce and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Whilst they are simmering cook your noodles (directions on packet minus a minute or so)
- Toss the whole lot into a serving dish, put on some Frank Sinatra and dive in.