Teabreads are a delightful combination of cake & bread. They're lighter than, say, a pound cake but denser than a traditional bread. The Banana & Walnut is a classic and the perfect complement to a morning coffee or afternoon tea; or if you're me, both!Recipe Ingredients
1 stick of butter (and extra for greasing)
5oz of light brown sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts (plus extra for sprinkling)
2 ripe bananas mashed with 2 tbs of milk
8oz of self rising flour
1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 2lb loaf pan.
- Cream the butter and and sugar together (I used my Kitchen Aid), then add the eggs gradually.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts, bananas and flour.
- Spoon into tin and sprinkle over the extra nuts.
- Bake for 40 minutes and check, if its firm to the touch then remove or bake for an extra 5-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes, remove and let it cool.